Sunday, July 18, 2010

I had the opportunity this morning to preach at an evangelical church in Van Wert, Ohio.  It was a great experience and the people were very warm and stayed focused throughout the sermon.  My sermon was "Salt May be Bad for Your Health" drawn from Matthew 5:13.  The focus was on evangelism, specifically Jesus' charge to the church to BE salt.  This is not the first time I have preached this message.  In fact, if my records are correct, this is the third time I have preached the message, although as is typical, I "tweaked" it quite a bit from the last time it was preached.  

As I was praying in preparation to preach the focus on evangelism would not leave me and I am convinced that not only was this message the right one for the day, but that this theme is the right one for this season.  I preach again on August 22 in Huntington at the Nazarene church - I'm anxious to see where God is leading in the days ahead as I prepare for that service.

I say all that to say this:  Leadership, especially spiritual leadership, also means listening and being open to the leadings of the Holy Spirit.  While this comes easier for some than for others (not so much for me), anyone can learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment