Sunday, September 22, 2013

Interrupted

Interrupted again!  I began to think I was never going to get this job done.  It seemed like every time I started to make some progress something always interrupted me.  I was sooooo frustrated and beginning to let it show to everyone.  Why couldn't they just leave me alone and let me do my job!  First my boss wanted something and then one of my direct reports needed some guidance on another project.  Throughout the day various peers from other offices stopped in to ask questions or talk.  Before you know it the day was slipping away and my good intentions on getting this project done were nothing more than good intentions.

Did this sound like you?  Did it describe too many of your days?  Do you feel as if most of your projects are always nearing but not quite completed?  Worse, are you getting a reputation for NOT getting your projects done, or with a complaining, negative attitude?  Have you ever wondered how your co-worker seems to get all her jobs completed on time and still have time to talk to everyone, and actually seems to enjoy her job?

If so it is possible you may not have discovered the secret of the interruption.  Probably not many know it by this name but those who understand this secret, and have reasoned through the implications, are usually identified as:  "those who get the job done," "doers," "leaders," "highly competent," etc.  In fact they may not be as capable or competent as you are BUT they have figured out the secret of the interruption.

Would you like to know the secret?

No comments:

Post a Comment