Saturday, February 27, 2010

I stopped into K-Mart this afternoon (Saturday)  to pick up one small item.  I find the item and make my way to the checkout only to find that there are a LOT of people waiting for 2 checkout lanes.  After a few minutes I hear an announcement about a manager being needed at one of these lanes.  Shortly, over the intercom again, the manager now says "cancel manager" and makes her way from the customer service register where she was talking to another employee to the checkout lane with issues.  LOTS of us are still standing and waiting.  Finally the customer service counter announces "no waiting" if we want to walk half-way across the store to check out - which I quickly did.

Have I become so used to prompt service that these little inconveniences are so annoying I want to scream?  Is this really poor management or simply impatience on my part?  Does the manager need training or do I need counseling?

No comments:

Post a Comment