Monday, July 14, 2014

Twilight

I stood in the dark, my eyes blind
     my feet searching for a path I could not see.
He said, "my son, if you but ask
     I can bring light to your darkness."
So, I asked, and light came, I could see.
     From that moment nothing was the same.
Now I could see MY path.
     Now I could determine MY course.
But there were also dark shadows moving all around me
     the shadows confused me, distracted me, taunted me . . . beckoned me.
But at least I had light and could SEE
     so I ignored the shadows, tried to ignore them.
He said, "my son, if you will trust me fully
     I will bring out out of the shadows into the full light of day."
I said, "what do you mean . . .'trust you fully?'"
     He said, "leave your path and follow me.
I will take you to to the light, free of shadows
    Full of hope and purpose."
I could catch glimpses of His path and it "seemed" straight,
     but it wasn't MY path
I knew, I think, where My path was going
     I wasn't so sure about His path.
So, I think I'll stick with what I know, after all I do have light.
     I just wish there weren't so many of these pesky shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment