Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I am in transition.  Leaving one job and moving into another.  I wasn't really looking for a new job, but I wasn't totally fulfilled at the old job.  Part of the problem was leadership.  In the old job, vision was scarce and always secondary to political expedients, in the new there is a clear and focused vision which drives the entire organization.  In the old, there was a focus on issues, often the wrong issues, but the focus was fragmented by delays and lack of administrative resolve.  In the new  the focus upon the vision moves everything forward and even devotes resources to remove barriers to that movement.  It really is true that everything rises and falls on leadership.

Still, I will miss my friends at the old job and will have to work to make new friends at the new; to leave the comfort of the known and venture boldly into the unknown.  But I am encouraged because it has been obvious that God has been in this move from the very beginning.  I am eager to see where the journey takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment