Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I am making a presentation today on Resilient Leadership in the face of Vicissitude.  I've included the presentation below.  As I have worked on this material I have been reminded of the crucial part that resiliency plays in our ability to function effectively in our world.  For centuries the rate of change was practically stagnant - for instance little advances were made over horse drawn wagons for hundreds of years.  In our personal lives, the impact of change requires new skills and abilities which support leadership skills.   Books such as "The Resilience Factor" and "Primal Leadership" help us understand these skill needs, which I think can be bracketed into four areas:

  • Realistic Optimism
  • Resonant Emotional Intelligence
  • Resourceful Problem Solving 
  • Relational Health
Check out the presentation and see if you can find the thread of resiliency within:

No comments:

Post a Comment